Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7, January 7th 2012 Sausage Tortellini Soup (minus the tortellini)

Today we had one of my favorites, Sausage Tortellini Soup.  I got this recipe off of Our Best Bites.  I took a meal to one of my sweet friends that just had a baby and I had everything I needed to make this soup.  I followed the recipe exactly (adding fire roasted tomatoes instead of plain and a little extra juice, tomato sauce, water, and carrots).  I took out a portion for J and me and then added the tortellini to their soup.  I then added spinach to both batches which the recipe doesn't call for.  The only way to make this even healthier is to use turkey or chicken sausage which I just didn't have.  
It is my favorite soup right now...even more than tortilla...gasp! 

E had a turkey sandwich and avocado.


No comments:

Post a Comment