Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 3, January 3, 2012 Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers

This day I did a turkey quinoa stuffed pepper with roasted balsamic cauliflower.  I really liked everything about this meal and will be making it again and again.  I have a link for both of the recipes and I'll tell you how I changed it up!  (Because obviously I can't just follow a recipe!)
First off, I cut the tops off of three peppers and took out the seeds, 2 yellow and 1 red.  Then I placed them in a glass bowl with 1/4 cup water and microwaved them for 4 minutes to soften them a little.  
I cooked the 1/2 cup quinoa in 1 cup water.  
I cooked the turkey like it says with the onions through step 6.  I skipped step 7 on the recipe and added some spaghetti sauce because I had an open jar I needed to use.  I followed the recipe from then on except I didn't add cheese to the top.  

Side note:  I like yellow bell peppers because they are sweeter than the others.  Also, this made extra turkey stuffing and so I just let E eat it in a bowl without the pepper.  (In a perfect world he would have ate this but today he didn't!  Maybe next time!)

Followed the directions for ingredients.  Let it all marinate while I was preparing the stuffed peppers.  Baked it at 400 degrees in the same oven as the peppers for 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment