Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4, January 4, 2012 Bruschetta Chicken

This day we had Bruschetta Chicken with roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes.
I enjoyed this dish too even though we were rushing to get to church and I didn't get to savor it like I wanted to.  Also, I didn't get to put basil with the bruschetta because Wal-mart nor Tom Thumb had it. 

I followed this recipe except like I said above I didn't have the basil.  I marinated the chicken for 5 hours.  I also grilled the chicken on the stovetop with a grill pan.  5 stars!

This is the recipe that was my inspiration for the side dish.  I really didn't follow it at all though!  
I cut the fresh brussels sprouts in half and the red potatoes into chunks.  I placed them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.  I then drizzled olive oil, salt, pepper, and greek seasoning all over and tossed.  Baked at 375 for 40 minutes.
I've already bought more brussels sprouts for the second go around!  Yum!  
FYI, Costco has nice fresh brussels.

E ate the chicken and potatoes.  I made him some peas to eat along with the other items.
(Do you notice the "dip"?  It's ketchup!  Yes, J and E love ketchup!)





No comments:

Post a Comment