Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25, January 25th, 2012 Cod baked in foil packets

Today we had baked cod with potatoes and asparagus.  I felt like I was eating really healthy tonight.  I can say that I've never sat down and had baked fish for dinner.  This is branching out for me.  I felt like I've made some improvements by adding fish to my diet!

Cod baked in foil packets
No recipe for this one.  I microwaved the red potatoes for 5 minutes then cut them in quarters.  I placed half of them on top of one square of foil and the other half on the other square.  I then placed the fish and then the asparagus.  I drizzled with olive oil and greek seasoning.  I wrapped it all up in the foil and baked it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Everything was cooked perfect.  (As far as I know because I've never baked fish before!  But I think about my Chopped show on The Food Network and what the judges would have said about my fish...probably too overcooked for them.  Who knows?!)
I will say that I had to add more salt and pepper to everything on my plate.  It was a bit bland for my taste buds.  We got out the ketchup too for the potatoes.  The asparagus was perfect though!

E ate fish and I baked him a sweet potato.  I'm thankful he likes fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment