Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16, January 16th, 2012 Bruschetta Chicken and Broccoli Slaw

I enjoyed the bruschetta chicken the first time we had it so we are having it again tonight.  I actually found some basil at central market which made it even better.  I have been using my meat thermometer that Michelle showed us and I really like not overcooking my chicken!  Thanks Michelle!  
The broccoli slaw was a healthy spin on Joan's Broccoli Madness from Sweet Tomatoes.  


Broccoli Slaw
I don't have a recipe for this one but I'll tell you how I made it.  I got a small bag of broccoli slaw from Wal-mart.  I put that in a bowl with some raisins, red onion, 5 strips of turkey bacon fried, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds (which was when I discovered the fat content of those little things!).  Here's where I changed how I would normally make this, the dressing!  I would usually use mayo and sugar.  Instead I made the dressing out of 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt, 1 small pack of sweet n low, and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar.  I mixed it all together and poured it over the slaw mix.  Added s&p and chilled it.  
I really like the raisins and turkey bacon in it.  I will make it again!  Just no sesame seeds!

E ate chicken and peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment