Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 13, January 13th, 2012 Taco Salad

This might be my favorite meal so far in this eating healthy fast.  The chicken was fantastic.  I attempted black beans and they turned out soft and tasty.  I found a couple of tasty healthy substitutions and dinner came together perfect.  My two subs were La Tortilla Factory white corn tortilla's with fiber and flax and skotidakis jalapeno greek yogurt dip which I used as the taco salad dressing.  I got the tortillas at Tom Thumb and the Yogurt dip at Costco.  I noticed on the Skotidakis website they have a ranch greek yogurt dip too!  The black beans I soaked overnight and then put in the crock pot the next day with 6 cloves of minced garlic and cooked on high for 5 hours.

Cafe Rio Chicken
I followed the recipe exactly.  I cooked it in the crock pot for 6 hours.  It fell apart and was so easy to shred.  There was none left.

E ate black beans, avocado, and a cheese and turkey quesadilla.




No comments:

Post a Comment