Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22, January 22nd, 2012 Grilled Fish Tacos

I have to say that eating healthy is not so bad!  I still get my tex-mex fix but not with all the cheese and dairy!  This meal was so full of flavor.  Lots of lime and cilantro.  Bold flavors I really enjoy.  We went to Costco and got the cod out of the freezer section.  I have never been a fish eater but this tasted nothing like fish.  It was like a less chewy chicken and less fattening.

This is the recipe that got the ball rolling after we bought the fish.  I didn't follow it though.  I cut the cod in chunks.  I then marinated it in lime juice, honey, lime zest, s&p, garlic powder, and olive oil and then placed in the fridge until ready to grill.  I then grilled it on my stovetop grill pan.  I used the fiber & flax white corn tortillas again and the jalapeno greek yogurt (refer to day 13).  
(I didn't make the dressing the recipe calls for.  I didn't really do anything the recipe calls for.  It was inspiration!)

I made this as a side dish again.  It is so good with the long grain brown rice.  I would highly recommend checking it out if you haven't.  Also, check out day 5 for my tips on this side dish.  

E ate fish, black beans, and avocado.  


No comments:

Post a Comment