Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5, January 5, 2012 Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

This day we had Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken and Fiesta Lime Rice.  This day again was delicious and I'm enjoying our healthy eating.  Thank you Krista for the inspiration.

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
Followed the recipe except only used two chicken breasts.  Super easy and tastes great.

Fiesta Lime Rice
This is the recipe that gave me the idea of the rice.  I read it and then made my own version.  The best substitution I made was using long-grain brown rice.  I am impressed with the long-grain brown rice compared to regular brown rice.  Much better in my opinion!  Here is a link on how to cook brown rice.  How to cook brown rice. (BTW, the package of rice says to cook it for 50 minutes!  Just follow what this guy has to say on cooking rice and it will be perfect every time!)  I also grilled the corn and tomato on my grill pan.  Lastly I also added a drizzle of olive oil.  I was going to add avocado but I forgot.  It was delicious!

E ate the chicken and the rice.  He really liked it too!






No comments:

Post a Comment