Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 48, February 17th, 2012 Cola Chicken


I can't believe I haven't already made Cola Chicken since the new year!  It has been a staple in our home for a few years now.  It isn't quick but it is easy, low fat, and delicious.  We also had a low fat corn casserole, and pan fried green beans.  

Cola Chicken
                                         2-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 c. ketchup
12 oz. can diet cola

Put chicken in non - stick skillet. Pour catsup and diet cola over top. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover, turn up heat and continue to cook until sauce thickens and sticks to chicken.

I double the amount of regular corn.  I still use one can cream of corn.  I use the jiffy mix.  I use low fat sour cream (I would use fat free too).  *I add an egg which the recipe doesn't call for.*  I use 1/4 cup butter (and this time I used a combo of healthy choice butter, low fat butter, and regular butter.  I had to use up some scraps.)  And I sprinkle the top with a little low fat cheese.  I bake the same.  It is so good!

E ate chicken and some corn casserole and some left over mac and cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment