Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 34, February 3rd, 2012 Pistachio Crusted Chicken

My cousin Abby was telling me about a recipe where you crust chicken in pistachio's.  (Thanks Abby!) That took me on a recipe search and I finally settled for one off of www.AllRecipes.com.  We also had an asparagus couscous.  The chicken was a keeper!

I followed the recipe except I didn't cut the chicken into strips but just pounded them to even thickness.  I also only used one piece of bread that I ground in my food processor with the pistachio's instead of 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.  I will make this again.  

Asparagus Couscous
I didn't have a recipe.  I roasted some asparagus and then cut it into pieces.  I cooked a box of parmesan flavored couscous and added the asparagus to it.  I bought some plain couscous at Sprout's later that night that I'm going to experiment with.

E ate the couscous because I told him it was mac and cheese!  He gave it a 'mmmm'.  He also ate some of the chicken.  




No comments:

Post a Comment