Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 47, February 16th, 2012 White Bean Chicken Chili

I adapted this recipe to use in the crockpot.  I put the chicken in first and covered it with a jar of salsa verde and let it cook for 4 hours.  Then I poured in some chicken broth, a can of fire roasted tomatoes, 2 cans of white beans, and the seasonings called for in the recipe.  I also shredded the chicken at this point.  Before I served it I added about 1/3 cup of fat free half and half to make it more of a creamy consistency.  Because I added too much chicken broth (because I don't like to measure) it was more like a soup.  

E ate white beans with chicken and cheese.  And then a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  And then a banana cut up into slices with peanut butter on each slice.  Oh yea, and a bowl a popcorn!


No comments:

Post a Comment